How closely are you following the Bearcats in the NFL?
There are 14 former UC players currently on NFL rosters, according to sports information guru Ryan Koslen. Thought it might be fun this week to check in and see how they all are doing.
Also thought it might be fun to turn it into a little quiz.
So, here are the 14 players:
Connor Barwin, Trevor Canfield, Brent Celek, Antonio Chatman, Trent Cole, Troy Evans, Andre Frazier, Tyjuan Hagler, Kevin Huber, Mike Mickens, Haruki Nakamura, DeAngelo Smith, Brandon Underwood, Mike Wright.
And here are the questions (each guy can only be used once):
1. Which three are on their team's practice squad?
2. Who is on injured reserve?
3. Which one of the remaining group plays offense?
4. Which one of the remaining group plays exclusively special teams?
5. Of the defensive players, which three have more than 10 tackles this season?
6. Who plays for a team that is still undefeated?
7. Who plays for a team that has beaten the Bengals?
8. Which three play for teams that have lost to the Bengals?
I won't make you wait. Here are the answers:
1. Trevor Canfield (Arizona), Mike Mickens (Dallas), DeAngelo Smith (Chicago)
2. Antonio Chatman (Cincinnati)
3. Brent Celek (Philadelphia). Celek has caught 30 passes for 378 yards (third among all NFL tight ends) and two touchdowns. He is averaging 12.6 yards per reception.
4. Kevin Huber (Cincinnati). Huber has punted 36 times for a 43.6 average, which ranks 21st in the NFL. He has a long punt of 61 yards and has nailed 12 punts inside the 20-yard line.
5. Trent Cole (Philadelphia), Tyjuan Hagler (Indianapolis), Mike Wright (New England). Cole has 24 tackles, 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble. Hagler has 19 tackles. Wright has 15 tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble.
6. Troy Evans (New Orleans). The Lakota High School graduate has eight tackles in five games. This is his third season with the Saints and eighth in the NFL.
7. Connor Barwin (Houston). The rookie defensive end has six tackles and one sack (Carson Palmer) in six games.
8. Andre Frazier (Pittsburgh), Haruki Nakamura (Baltimore) and Brandon Underwood (Green Bay). Frazier has nine tackles in five games. Nakamura has four tackles and a forced fumble in six games. Underwood, a rookie cornerback, has only appeared in one game.
How did you do?