Home | Resources | Safe Zone | Monthly Celebrations & Observances
In line with the core values of the University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics, we believe in and are committed to diversity, inclusion and gender equity among our student-athletes, coaches and administrators. We seek to establish and maintain an inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds. Diversity and inclusion improve the learning environment for all student-athletes and enhance excellence within our department.
We will provide or enable programming and education, which sustains foundations of a diverse and inclusive culture across dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to age, race, sex, class, national origin, creed, educational background, disability, gender expression, geographical location, income, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation and work experiences.
The One Team committee meets as a full committee every other month, with the five subcommittees meetings occurring in the in-between months. The five subcommittees are centered around the following goals:
- Improve the hiring and retention of minority/underrepresented staff
- Enhance the enrollment, retention, graduation and culture for minority student-athletes
- Develop and implement a plan that incorporates accountability and assessment tools to facilitate diversity goals and objectives set-forth by the Athletic Diversity & Inclusion Committee (One Team).
- Increase diversity among supplies providing services and goods to the Department of Athletics.
- Develop measurable steps to enhance the departmental climate and culture within the Department of Athletics.