Jan. 16, 2014
Live Video (via athletics.kenyon.edu)
Five Things You Need To Know
- The University of Cincinnati men's and women's swimming and diving teams will compete at perennial Division III power Kenyon on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 17-18. In addition to taking on the Lords and Ladies, UC will also take on Ohio State, Oakland and Ashland.
- The Bearcats are coming off a meet at nationally-ranked Louisville where both the men and women fell to the Cards, while the women defeated conference foe Houston. Read the recap of that meet here.
- UC freshman Jackie Keire collected her league-leading fourth Female Swimmer of the Week Award after posting a victory in the 200 freestyle. The rookie owns the American Athletic Conference's fastest times of the season in the 100, 200 and 500 freestyles. She has met the NCAA B-Qualifying standard in all three of those events, as well.
- Kenyon, who's men's and women's teams have won a combined 54 national championships at the Division III level, is most recently sawm in an unscored meet hosted by Washington University in Sarasota, Fla. Ohio State enters with the 11th-ranked men's team in the country and the 19th-ranked women's team. Their women's squad enters the meet coming off a dual meet win over Toledo, while the men's side is competing for the first time since winning the Ohio State Invitational in late November. Oakland is also swimming for the first time in 2014. The last outing for the Grizzlies saw their men place second and their women win the Eastern Michigan Invite. Ashland enters coming off a pair of senior day victories over Urbana.
- After the meet at Kenyon, the Bearcats will return to the Keating Aquatics Center for a senior day showdown with Wright State on Saturday, Jan. 25. That will be followed by a meet at Kentucky on Saturday, Feb. 1, to conclude the regular season before the American Athletic Conference Swimming & Diving Championships will be hosted by Louisville, Feb. 19-22.