- Sixth man on the 1948-49-50 basketball teams that compiled a 60-18 record and won three Mid-American Conference titles.
- Returned to UC as assistant basketball coach in 1959 after coaching in the high school ranks for nine years.
- His 1959-60 freshman team posted a best-ever 14-1 record.
- Became Ed Jucker's assistant with the varsity in 1960-61 and helped guide UC to back-to-back NCAA titles over the next two seasons.
- Succeeded Jucker as head coach in 1965-66.
- Directed his initial team to the Missouri Valley Conference title and an NCAA Tournament appearance where UC lost to eventual national champion Texas-El Paso.
- Compiled a 125-60 record in seven seasons as head coach.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 1996