- Change in playing positions earned him All-American honors and led to a professional football career.
- Originally came to UC as a fullback, having blocked for eventual Heisman Trophy winner Tony Dorsett while in high school.
- After two seasons at UC on offense, was switched to defensive end.
- Hard-nosed, aggressive play helped him rank among the team's tackling leaders in each of his final two seasons.
- Recorded 12 sacks as a junior.
- An anchor of the UC defense that allowed the second-fewest rushing yards of any Bearcat team in a season (79.0 per game) his senior year.
- Team co-captain and honorable mention All-American as a senior.
- Signed as a free agent with the Chicago Bears and eventually played with the Bears in the Super Bowl.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 1997.