- Did not play football until his senior year--his coop work assignment as part of his engineering studies presenting conflicts--but made a lasting impact when he did finally take up the sport.
- Worked his way into the lineup by mid-season.
- Intercepted four passes--a UC record--and spearheaded a 15-7 win over Ohio Northern.
- Rushed for 307 yards--a mark which still stands as a UC record--to lead a 69-0 romp over Case a week later.
- Scored five touchdowns in the final three contests of the 1923 season.
- Distinguished in baseball, serving as a regular his final two seasons.
- Batted .426 and served as team captain as a senior.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 2001.