- Had the task of succeeding all-time passing leader Greg Cook at quarterback in 1969, and quickly proved that he could win games with his running as well as his passing abilities.
- Rated as one of the bests option quarterbacks in UC history.
- Starting QB on the 1969-70-71 teams, helping those squads to a 20-14 record.
- Twice named team Most Outstanding Back.
- Compiled 3,536 yards total offense during his career, 1,649 rushing and 1,887 passing.
- Rushed for 18 touchdowns and passed for 11 TDs.
- Signed by the Houston Oilers and became a mainstay on the special teams, eventually serving as special teams captain.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 2004.