Football, Track & Field
- Rare two-sport standout in the early 1980s, excelling in football and track and field.
- Three-year starter at right offensive tackle, missing only one game over his final three seasons.
- Consistently ranked among the blocking efficiency leaders.
- Co-captain as a senior.
- Earned first team Academic All-American honors in 1981.
- Named to the Metro Conference All-Star Team in 1982.
- Threw the hammer in track and field his junior and senior seasons.
- Taken in the eighth round by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 1982 NFL draft.
- Played in the U.S. Football League with Chicago, New Jersey and Baltimore and closed his career at Calgary of the Canadian Football League.
- UC Athletics Hall of Fame 1993.