- One of the top running backs of the 1950s.
- Originally enrolled at UC in 1949 but joined the service after one year and served in the Korean conflict.
- Returned to UC in 1953 upon discharge from the military and immediately became a mainstay on the football teams.
- Recorded the longest run from scrimmage in UC history--91 yards--vs. Xavier that season, a record that still stands.
- Rushed for a team-leading 717 yards and 11 touchdowns in 1954, helping UC to an 8-2 record.
- Captain of the 1955 team
- Lettered as a catcher in baseball, earning All-Ohio honors.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 1991.