- Dual threat whose career is well-document in the receiving and kicking records.
- Three-year regular who led the team in scoring his junior and senior seasons.
- Leading receiver, in terms of yardage, all three seasons and tops on the squad in receptions his sophomore and senior years.
- First receiver to top the 1,000-yard mark in season receiving yards, gaining 1,107 on 44 catches in 1968 to set the season record for yards-per-catch (25.16).
- Concluded career second in receptions (104) and first in receiving yards (2,285), TD receptions (21) and yards-per-catch (21.97), the latter two remain as records.
- Led nation in scoring in 1968 with a UC season record 142 points.
- Career scoring leader (142 points) and holds the record for most games scored in (24).
- Claude Rost Award as team MVP as a senior.
- Honorable mention All-American in both 1968 (AP) and 1969 (AP, UPI).
- Played in the American Bowl, Coaches All-American, East-West Shrine and Senior Bowl all-star games.
- Taken in the third round by the Baltimore Colts in the 1970 NFL draft.
- Field goal as clock expired boosted Baltimore to a win over Dallas in the 1971 Super Bowl.
- UC Athletics Hall of Fame 1983.