- Called "pound for pound, the best defensive lineman in UC history" by his coach, the legendary Sid Gillman.
- Played football in the Navy's V-12 program at Tulane and Southwestern Louisiana during World War II.
- Enrolled at UC in 1947 and, as an end, helped lead the Bearcats to a 7-3 record and the Mid-American Conference championship.
- Captain of the 1949 team that posted a 7-4 record, won a Mid-American Conference title and defeated Toledo in the Glass Bowl.
- Entered the service following a stint of high school coaching and rose to the rank of Brigadier General.
- Returned to UC following his military career to lead UC Foundation.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 1987.