Football, Basketball, Track
- Three-year starter at halfback in football.
- Three-time All-Buckeye Athletic Association selection.
- Earned All-Ohio honors in both his junior and senior seasons.
- Helped UC compile a 20-6-1 record and win two conference titles during his three seasons.
- Honorable mention All-American in 1935.
- Drafted by Chicago and played eight seasons in the NFL.
- Returned to serve as head coach at UC, 1946-48, directing the Bearcats to their first bowl appearance and a 23-15-1 ledger.
- Member of the UC Athletic Hall of Fame charter class of inductees.