- Likely UC's greatest wrestler of all-time.
- Posted a perfect 51-0 record in the 177-pound class in dual meet competition and had a career mark of 55-3 with the inclusion of postseason championship competition.
- Earned team MVP honors in each of his four seasons.
- Began his career with an 11-0 mark as a freshman.
- Extended his streak to 24 straight wins as a sophomore, suffering his first loss at the NCAA Championships.
- Repeated his 13-0 record as a junior and advanced to the second round at the NCAA Championships.
- Capped his career with a 14-0 mark as a senior.
- Returned following graduation to serve as head wrestling coach for three seasons.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 1988.