- Distinguished himself as a starter on UC's 1961 NCAA Championship team, then took on a leadership role in the 1962 national title run and the 1963 runner-up finish.
- Closed his career in ninth place on UC's career scoring list with 1,152 points.
- Three-time All-Missouri Valley Conference selection.
- Earned consensus All-American honors in 1963 and was a second team AP All-American selection.
- Territorial selection in the 1963 NBA Draft by the Cincinnati Royals.
- Played in the pros for seven seasons with Cincinnati, Boston and Indiana.
- Is the only player in basketball history to win NCAA, ABA and NBA championships.
- UC Athletic Hall of Fame 1981.