- Stepped into a vacancy in the starting lineup as a sophomore (freshmen were ineligible) and helped UC to a 29-2 record and a second consecutive NCAA Championship.
- Named to the NCAA Midwest Regional All-Tournament Team and was a runner-up for MVP honors.
- Leading rebounder, third-leading scorer on the 1962-63 Bearcats, helping the team to a 26-2 record and a third straight appearance in the NCAA Tournament championship game.
- Named to the NCAA Midwest Regional and NCAA Finals all-tournament teams.
- Second team All-American in 1963 (Sporting News, Converse), honorable mention All-American honors (AP, UPI, NEA).
- Earned first team All-Missouri Valley Conference honors in both his junior and senior seasons.
- UC co-captain and co-MVP as a senior in 1964.
- Bearcats' leading rebounder (12.5) and second-leading scorer (16.1).
- Leading rebounder in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- Earned honorable mention All-American honors (AP, UPI, Sporting News).
- Named to the 1964 U.S. Olympic Team and helped USA to the Gold Medal in the 1964 Games.
- Taken by the Cincinnati Royals as a territorial pick in the 1964 NBA draft and played professionally for 12 seasons.
- UC Athletics Hall of Fame 1983.