March 24, 2014
Cincinnati vs. Northern Kentucky
Highland Heights, Ky. | Bill Aker Baseball Complex
Tuesday, March 25 | 3 p.m. | Live Stats
CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati baseball team will head across the Ohio River on Tuesday, March 25 for a midweek matchup against Northern Kentucky University in Highland Heights, Ky. The game is set for a 3 p.m. first pitch from the Bill Aker Baseball Complex.
SETTING THE SCENE
- UC is coming off its first weekend series in American Athletic Conference history, played on March 21, 22 and 23. The Bearcats were swept by the UCF Knights 7-1, 7-4 and 5-1.
- Senior Matt Williams (Mason, Ohio/Cincinnati Hills Christian) led all UC players with four hits on the weekend.
- Sophomore Mitch Patishall (Pendleton, Ind./Pendleton Heights) will get the call for the Bearcats in the game. He has made six appearances on the season with five starts. The righty has accumulated a 6.20 ERA through 24.2 innings pitched with 15 walks and 17 strikeouts.
- The Norse will start sophomore right-hander Aric Harris who has a 9.37 ERA through 16.1 innings pitched with 12 walks and 20 strikeouts.
SCOUTING NORTHERN KENTUCKY
- NKU is 5-16 on the season while competing in its second season at the NCAA Division I level.
- In its last weekend, NKU won 1-of-3 games against conference foe North Florida at home. The Norse lost by scores of 14-4 and 8-1 but beat NF 8-6 on Saturday.
- The Norse are led by freshman Kylr Coletta who has recorded a .342 batting avergage through his first 20 collegiate games. He has 25 hits this season.
- Freshman Evan Korson leads the Norse from the mound where he has recorded a team-low 5.40 ERA through 1.0 innings pitched.
- Freshman Adam Jafine has picked up two victories through seven starts.
THE SERIES VS NORTHERN KENTUCKY
- Cincinnati will head across the Ohio River to face Northern Kentucky for the 34th time in program history.
- In the last meeting between the schools on March 20, 2013, UC took a narrow 4-3 victory in a game played at Marge Schott Stadium.
- Before last year’s game, UC and NKU had not met since 1996.
- The longest winning streak in series history by either team was a five-game streak for Cincinnati dating from April 18, 1974 to April 12, 1976.
- The Norse have never won more than two games in a row in the series.