April 3, 2014
CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati baseball team will hit the road to Philadelphia, Pa., to take on Temple University for three games of American Athletic Conference play. The games will be played on Friday, April 4 at 3 p.m., Saturday, April 5 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, April 6 at noon.
The games on both Friday and Saturday will be played at Campbell's Field in Camden, N.J. while the game on Sunday will take place at Skip Wilson Field in Ambler, Pa.
All three games in the series will have a free audio stream through Temple's website which fans can access here.
SETTING THE SCENE
- The Bearcats will begin a five-game road trip this weekend. They will play three games at Temple University in Ambler, Pa., on Friday, Saturday and Sunday before returning to the Buckeye State for two midweek matchups at the Joe Nuxhall Classic held at Miami (Ohio) University on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- RHP Connor Walsh will get the call in the first game against Temple on Friday night. The redshirt sophomore has an ERA of 3.45 through 31.1 innings pitched and has thrown a team-high 25 strikeouts.
- Temple is 7-14 on the season and 2-4 in the American Athletic Conference.
- The Owls took two of three games from the University of Memphis in the opening weekend of league action.
- Derek Peterson leads the team with a .295 batting average and a .500 slugging percentage while also compiling a .378 on-base percentage. The senior also has a team-high 23 hits, 17 runs scored and 13 doubles.
- Relief pitcher Zach Batchelor leads the team with a 1.46 ERA through nine appearances and 12.1 innings pitched.
- Matt Hockenberry has a team-high 40.1 innings pitched and has a 3.12 ERA with 23 strikeouts and only nine walks.
THE SERIES VS TEMPLE
- The series between Cincinnati and Temple will represent the first-ever meeting between the two teams.