April 20, 2017
Cincinnati Notes | East Carolina Notes
CINCINNATI - The University of Cincinnati baseball team welcomes East Carolina to Marge Schott Stadium this weekend for a three-game American Athletic Conference series. Friday’s game will start at 6 p.m. ET, Saturday at 4 p.m. and Sunday’s series finale will go at noon. The Bearcats are 19-18 overall and were 1-1 in the Joe Nuxhall Classic, dropping a 9-1 decision to Xavier on Tuesday and getting a 4-2 win over Wright State on Wednesday.
BUY TICKETS NOW
// HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
Live video and audio coverage of the weekend series against the Pirates will be available through the BearcatsTV platform on GoBEARCATS.com. Matt Noonan (play-by-play) will call the action.
WATCH LIVE ($): Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
LIVE STATS: Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
// THE SERIES
ECU leads the all-time series 12-4-2 and 7-1-1 in Cincinnati. The teams split a 2016 series in Greenville with UC winning the opener 1-0, ECU taking the second game 6-4 and the third game ending in a 3-3 tie after eight innings. ECU has won six-straight games in Cincinnati.
// PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS
Cincinnati - 28 J.T. Perez (Jr. - LHP): 1-5 / 4.44 ERA
East Carolina - 24 Trey Benton (Fr. - RHP): 3-1 / 3.20 ERA
Cincinnati - TBA
East Carolina - TBA
Cincinnati - TBA
East Carolina - TBA
// NOTES OF NOTE
· David Orndorff was tabbed for the American Athletic Conference honor roll on Monday. Orndorff made two appearances last week, throwing a total of 6.1 innings. He gave up one run on eight hits with four strikeouts and three walks. He picked up a save at Miami (Ohio) Tuesday and earned the win over Tulane on Sunday. On the season, he has a team-high five saves and has struck out 25 batters and walked seven.
· UC is 11-7 at Marge Schott Stadium this season.
· Over the past six games, Manny Rodriguez has come on strong, hitting .412 and slugging .647 with seven hits, two doubles and a triple.
· Rodriguez, R.J. Thompson and Connor McVey each have tallied seven hits over the past six games. McVey has two doubles while Thompson has a triple and home run.
· Ryan Noda has been getting on base of late with four hits, three HBPs, two walks and it has led to eight runs scored and two stolen bases.
· Jace Mercer has four hits and six runs batted in over the last six games.
· Relievers Cam Alldred and A.J. Kullman have been solid out of the bullpen over the last six, combining to throw 9.2 scoreless innings in three appearances apiece with 10 strikeouts. Both have a win and Kullman has a save.
// ECU SERIES PROMOTIONS
It’s a busy weekend of promotions at Marge Schott Stadium, including UC’s first-ever Bark in the Park on Sunday. Friday's game gets underway at 6 p.m. ET and is another Bearcats Blue Jeans Night with country music, $1 hot dogs and a postgame Amazon Tennis Ball Toss for the chance to win an Amazon gift card. Signature Saturday is scheduled for a 4 p.m. first pitch. Collect the fifth pack in a season-long trading card series and get them signed by select Bearcats on the concourse. The series wraps up Sunday with Bark in the Park and Family Day beginning at noon. The first 250 dogs (or dog owners) will receive a Cincinnati Bearcats bandana presented by Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs. Bark in the Park participants will enjoy the game from a special section down the first base line. After the game, fans can take the field to run the bases. Family day packages are available for $20. Participating families can receive four tickets, four hot dogs and four 12-ounce sodas for $20.
// FOLLOW THE BEARCATS
For all the latest information on Cincinnati baseball, please visit GoBEARCATS.com. For up to the minute updates, follow Cincinnati baseball (@GoBearcatsBASE) and Coach Neal (@Ty_Neal_UC) on twitter. You can also find the Bearcats on Facebook.
// TICKET INFORMATION
Single-game tickets are just $5 for adults, $3 for youth and seniors, and $1 for groups of 20 or more. For tickets, call 1-877-CATS-TIX or visit GoBEARCATS.com/tickets.