2007-08 Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Jan. 1, 2008
Cincinnati at Louisville
January 1, 2008
Louisville, KY - Freedom Hall
· With the win the Bearcats cut the Cardinal's lead in the all-time series to 51-39. This is the Bearcats first win in Freedom Hall since January 13th, 2001. This is the UC's 14th win in Louisville.
· Marvin Gentry's led the Bearcats with a team-high eight first half points. He was 2-3 from the three point line.
· UC leading at halftime - UC has only led at halftime six times, and it is only the third time they've been leading by so many. Two times they have led by six or more (Miami 26 to 20 and Coastal Carolina 35 to 27).
· Jamual Warren matched his career highs in rebounds and assists with eight boards and seven assists.
· Anthony McClain posted a career-high nine rebounds while playing a season-best 25 minutes and added in four points.
· Louisville's Derrick Caracter, who came into the game averaging 12.9 points, was held to two points by the Bearcats' defense. It is the second straight game UC has held one of the opponents' top two scorers to just two points. Against Miami, the Cincinnati held Michael Bramos, who was averaging over 17 points, to two points.
· In UC's last two games, the defense has held its opponents to a combined 5-of-35 (14.3%) from behind the three point line. Today against Louisville, the Bearcats held the Cardinals to 3-of-23 (13.0%) shooting from behind the arc, which is the lowest 3-point shooting percentage by an opponent in the Mick Cronin era.
· Deonta Vaughn, who only scored two points in the first half, scored 11 in the final nine minutes of the game and finished with 13 points. Nine of his 13 points came on 3-of-5 shooting from behind the 3-point line.
· The win is UC's first road win of the season and snaps a 15-game road losing streak.