Jan. 4, 2012
Final Stats |
AP Gallery |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Jan. 4, 2012
Cincinnati (12-3, 2-0 BIG EAST) 71, Notre Dame (9-6, 1-1) 55
Game 15 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Cincinnati, Ohio ▪ Att: 10,142
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 5 Justin Jackson (F), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 44 Jaquon Parker (G)
- Notre Dame: 0 Eric Atkins (G), 12 Alex Dragicevich (G), 14 Scott Martin (G), 22 Jerian Grant (G), 45 Jack Cooley (F)
- Cincinnati: Dixon (18 pts., 3 rebs., 3 ast.) | Parker (11 pts., 5 rebs.) | Davis III (10 pts.) | Wright (9 pts., 5 ast.)
- Notre Dame: Grant (17 pts.) | Cooley (15 pts., 11 rebs.)
- UC has started BIG EAST Conference play 2-0 each of the last three seasons and four times in the first seven years since joining the league.
- The Bearcats are 5-2 in BIG EAST home openers and have won each of the past three.
- UC has won seven straight games.
- Tonight’s attendance of 10,142 is a season high for UC.
- Cincinnati is now 4-8 all-time against the Fighting Irish, snapping a three-game losing streak against Notre Dame.
- The Bearcats’ seven-game winning streak is the longest since starting the 2010-11 season 15-0.
- Cincinnati has won its last four regular-season BIG EAST games and seven of its last eight, dating to last season.
- UC led 31-21 at the half.
- The Bearcats forced 13 turnovers and have forced 124 over the last seven games (17.7 per game).
- Cincinnati has hit 81 three-pointers over the last seven games (11.6 per game) after knocking down 43 triples through the first eight games of the season (5.4 per game).
- Cincinnati is 9-0 this season when hitting seven or more three-pointers.
- After scoring zero bench points in each of the last two games, the Bearcats scored 19 points off the bench against Notre Dame.
- Cincinnati led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing an average of 57.3 points through 15 games this season.
- The Bearcats have held 11 of 15 opponents to 60 points or less.
- Dion Dixon scored a game-high 18 points and has scored in double figures in 14 of 15 games on the season. He reached the 1,000-point plateau, becoming the 47th player in UC history to do so.
- Yancy Gates and Cheikh Mbodj saw action for the first time after serving a six-game suspension following an on-court incident against Xavier on Dec. 10.
- Gates moved into 25th on UC’s all-time scoring list, passing LaZelle Durden (1,219 points). Gates scored six points, grabbed eight rebounds and posted a season-high three blocks. He has 1,221 career points.
- Jaquon Parker scored 11 points and grabbed five rebounds. He hit on 3-of-5 from three-point range and has hit three or more triples in three of his last five games. He has scored in double figures in five of the seven games he has started. Parker is shooting .636 (14-of-22) from three this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has made a three-pointer in 14 straight games (2.9 per game during that span).
- Cashmere Wright scored nine points and dished out five assists with one turnover. He has 43 assists and seven turnovers over the last six games (6.1 assist/turnover).
- Jeremiah Davis III scored 10 points, his third double-figure scoring contest in the last five games. He is shooting .470 (8-of-17) from three-point range this season.
- UC welcomes St. John’s on Saturday, Jan. 7, at 2 p.m. The game will be televised on the BIG EAST Network/FOX Sports Ohio.