2009-10 University of Cincinnati Men's Basketball
Men's Basketball |
Jan. 6, 2010
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Cal State Bakersfield at Cincinnati l Jan. 6, 2010
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Records: Cincinnati - 11-4; 2-1 BIG EAST; Cal State Bakersfield – 2-12; Independent.
• Cincinnati defeated the Roadrunners, 87-58.
• UC outscored CSUB in points in the paint (34-20), second-chance points (24-14), and points off turnovers (21-14).
• Cincinnati improved to 10-1 on the season when outrebounding its opponent. UC grabbed 44 rebounds compared to just 30 for CSUB.
• Cincinnati finished 32-of-62 from the floor (51.6 percent), including 9-of-22 (40.9 percent) from behind-the arc.
• UC’s bench outscored CSUB’s bench 56-11. The 56 bench points are the most bench points scored in the Cronin era.
• Twelve of the 13 UC players that played scored in the contest.
• A 16-6 spurt out of the half by the Roadrunners cut the UC lead to 24 points, 56-32, with 15:31 to play.
• The Bearcats used a 17-3 run over the final 6:10 of the first half to take a 50-16 lead into halftime.
• Cincinnati’s 50 first-half points are its most first-half points since scoring 51 points on Nov. 18, 2008 against Texas Southern. It is also the third most points scored in a half under head coach Mick Cronin.
• The Roadrunners 16 first-half points are the third fewest points scored in a half against the Bearcats in the Cronin era.
• UC shot 51.4 percent from the field (18-of-35) in the first half, while holding CSUB to 23.1 percent (6-of-26) shooting.
• A 10-0 UC run from the 10:25 mark to the 7:23 mark of the first half opened up a 33-11 lead for the Bearcats.
• Trailing 4-3 with 17:47 to play in the first half, Cincinnati went on a 20-2 run over the next 5:56 to take an 23-6 lead with 11:51 to play. Sophomore Dion Dixon and junior Anthony McClain scored six points apiece during the spurt.
• Dixon scored a team-high 13 points, his fifth double-figure scoring game of the season.
• Junior Ibrahima Thomas was the other UC player to score in double-digits with a season-high tying 11 points, his third double-figure scoring game of the season.
• After scoring just two points and grabbing nine in eight games, McClain scored eight points and grabbed seven rebounds in 10 minutes of action in the first half. McClain finished with eight points and eight rebounds.
• Vaughn moved up three career charts in the contest. Vaughn’s nine points tied him with Louis Banks for seventh on UC’s career points list with 1,644 career points. Vaughn also tied Steve Collier for fourth in program history in career starts with 104 and moved past Damon Flint into fourth in career minutes played.
• Freshman Jaquon Parker scored nine points on a career-high three 3-pointers.