Jan. 6, 2011
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery |
• With the win, the Bearcats moved to 15-0 on the season, which tied their second-best start in school history (1998-99).
• Cincinnati produced the most-lopsided win in the series in nine years (75-55 in 2001) and held the Musketeers to 46 points – its lowest scoring in the series since March 9, 1949 (57-46 win for UC).
• It’s the first time UC has won 15 games in a row since it won 20 consecutive game during the 2001-02 season (11/20/01-1/29/2002).
• Cincinnati’s 13-0 record vs. non-conference opponents is the first time it’s gone undefeated in non-conference play since it went 14-0 during the 1998-99 season.
• While trailing 10-4 early in the first half, the Bearcats went on a 22-5 run to take a 26-15 lead. The run started at the 11:46 mark and lasted until the 2:35 mark.
• Cincinnati ended the half on a 24-10 run.
• Starting at the 14:39 mark of the second half, Cincinnati went on an 11-0 run over a span of 2:01 to increase its lead to 46-30.
• The 20-point margin of victory for the Bearcats was the largest in the Crosstown Shootout since the Dec. 14, 2001 season when UC defeated Xavier again by 20 at the Cintas Center.
• Cincinnati’s defense held Xavier to just four assists, and forced 18 turnovers. UC has forced more turnovers than assists allowed in every game this season.
• Cincinnati outscored XU 25-5 points off turnovers and outrebounded Xavier 36-29.
• The Bearcats shot 15-for-16 from the free-throw line.
• Junior forward and Cincinnati native Yancy Gates led all scorers in the first half with 12 points while adding five rebounds. Gates went 6-of-7 from field goal range in the first half.
• Gates finished the game with 22 point and a career-high-tying 14 rebounds for his third double-double of the season and 10th of his career. The Bearcats are 9-1 in games Gates records a double-double.
• Junior guard Dion Dixon scored 16 points and grabbed a season-high nine rebounds.
• Sophomore guard Cashmere Wright scored 10 points and dished out a game-high four assists.
• G Cashmere Wright, G Dion Dixon, F Rashad Bishop, F Ibrahima Thomas, F Yancy Gates
• 13th start of the season for this group.
SCORES BY HALF:
• Bearcats went into halftime leading 28-20
• UC has not trailed at halftime this season.
• Final score: UC 66, XU 46