Jan. 7, 2012
Final Stats |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Jan. 7, 2012
St. John’s (8-7, 2-2 BIG EAST) 57, Cincinnati (12-4, 2-1 BIG EAST) 55
Game 16 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Cincinnati, Ohio ▪ Att: 8,820
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 5 Justin Jackson (F), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 44 Jaquon Parker (G)
- St. John’s: 1 Phil Greene (G), 3 God’sGift Achiuwa (F), 4 Moe Harkless (G), 11 D’Angelo Harrison (G), 15 Sir’Dominic Pointer (G)
- Cincinnati: Kilpatrick (21 pts., 6 rebs.) | Gates (10 pts., 7 rebs.)
- St. John’s: Harrison (18 pts., 7 rebs.) | Harkless (12 pts., 13 rebs.) | Achiuwa (11 pts., 6 rebs.)
- The loss snapped a seven-game winning streak for the Bearcats and a four-game BIG EAST Conference winning streak.
- Cincinnati is now 6-8 all-time against the Red Storm, with each of the last four meetings being decided by two points.
- UC shot .263 (20-of-76) from the floor, its lowest percentage under Cronin since shooting .260 (19-of-73) against Ohio State on 12/16/06.
- UC led 25-22 at the half.
- The Bearcats forced 19 turnovers and have forced 143 over the last eight games (17.9 per game).
- UC grabbed a season-high 22 offensive rebounds.
- Cincinnati has hit 88 three-pointers over the last eight games (11.0 per game) after knocking down 43 triples through the first eight games of the season (5.4 per game).
- St. John’s shot .429 from the floor, the highest for an opponent since Wright State shot .476 on Dec. 14.
- Cincinnati suffered its first loss this season when hitting seven or more three-pointers (9-1).
- Cincinnati led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing an average of 57.3 points through 16 games this season, which again leads the league.
- The Bearcats have held 12 of 16 opponents to 60 points or less.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 21 points, his 14th double-figure scoring game of the season and his fourth 20-point effort. He hit four three-pointers and has made a three-pointer in 15 straight games (3.0 per game during that span).
- With 10 points, Yancy Gates tied Eric Hicks for 24th on UC’s all-time scoring list. He has 1,231 career points.
- Cheikh Mbodj grabbed a career-high seven rebounds and had a career-best two blocked shots.
- Dion Dixon tied a career-high with four steals (4 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff on 12/21/11).
- The Bearcats hit the road for a BIG EAST tilt at No. 9/9 Georgetown on Monday, Jan. 9, at 9 p.m. on ESPNU.