2008-09 Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Jan. 10, 2009
2008-09 CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
No. 5/5 Connecticut at Cincinnati l Jan. 10, 2009
Fifth Third Arena - Cincinnati, Ohio
• Records: Cincinnati - 10-6, 0-3 BIG EAST; Connecticut - 14-1, 3-1 BIG EAST
• With the win, Connecticut improves to 5-0 all-time against the Bearcats.
• After having one block in the past two games, the Bearcats finished with four blocks vs. Connecticut.
• The Bearcats dished out 15 assists and committed a season-low eight turnovers. Cincinnati's previous low for turnovers was 10 vs. South Dakota (11/16) and Eastern Kentucky (12/20).
• UConn is UC's third straight opponent to shoot 50 percent or better from the floor and from behind the three point line. The Huskies shot 58.0 percent from the field and shot 60 percent from long range.
• Connecticut outscored Cincinnati 34-24 in points in the paint.
• Cincinnati finished the game with 26 rebounds, the first time this season UC has pulled down less than 30 rebounds in a game.
• UC was outrebounded, 31-26, only the fourth time this season Cincinnati has been outrebounded.
• Ahead by three points, 55-52, with 10:18 remaining, UConn went on a 13-4 run over the next 4:04 to take a 12-point lead, 68-56, with 5:48 to play.
• Vaughn went 8-of-15 from the field and scored 19 points, his 13th double-figure scoring game of the season.
• Williams scored 14 points, his second consecutive double-figure scoring game and his seventh of the season.
• Williams and Vaughn combined to score UC's first 16 points of the game as the Bearcats trailed 19-16 with 9:31 in the first half.
• Williams had a career-high five assists.
• Freshman Yancy Gates finished with 12 points and nine rebounds, his 10th double-figure scoring game this season.
• Coming in averaging 10.7 rebounds per game, Connecticut junior center Hasheem Thabeet was held to three rebounds.