CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES|
Jan. 12, 2011
CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
USF at Cincinnati l Jan. 12, 2011
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• -With the win, the Bearcats are now 3-1 start in BIG EAST play for the first time since the 2007-08 season.
• -Down 25-19 at the 5:59 mark of the first half, UC went on a 14-2 run over a span of 2:33 to take a 33-27 lead. The run featured seven points by Sean Kilpatrick.
• -Cincinnati ended the first half on a 14-7 run.
• -After starting the game 1-for-8 from three-point range, the Bearcats finished the game 7-for-20.
• -UC held USF to eight assists while forcing 18 turnovers. The Bearcats have forced more turnovers than assists allowed in every game this season and holds the best active streak in the NCAA.
• - Redshirt freshman guard Sean Kilpatrick paced the Bearcats with a game-high 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting, including 4-for-5 from three-point range. Kilpatrick also added three rebounds and three assists.
• -Senior forward Darnell Wilks tied his career high in points with 12, adding two rebounds and four steals.
• -Junior guard Dion Dixon scored 16 points and grabbed six first-half rebounds.
• -Sophomore point guard Cashmere Wright scored 11 points and dished out a game-high five assists.
• -15th start of the season for this group.
SCORES BY HALF:
• Bearcats went into halftime leading 37-32
• Final score: UC 74, USF 66