Men's Basketball |
Jan. 19, 2008
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
No. 15/16 Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
January 19, 2008
Cincinnati, OH - Fifth Third Arena
Pittsburgh (15-3, 3-2 BIG EAST) 59
Cincinnati (9-9, 4-2 BIG EAST) 62
· Cincinnati leads 7-3
· The Bearcats snapped a two-game losing streak to the Panthers.
· The win is the first for Cincinnati over a Top 25 team since last Saturday's 69-66 win over Villanova. UC is 2-2 against Top 25 teams this season.
· Cincinnati jumped out to an 18-10 in the first nine minutes of the game, but saw their lead disappear over the next five minutes as Pittsburgh went on a 12-2 run and took a 22-20 lead.
· Senior guard Jamual Warren help UC out-rebound Pittsburgh in the first half, 18-16, pulling down five boards.
· Senior center Adam Hrycaniuk led Cincinnati in scoring during the first half with six points.
· After hitting six of their first 11 shots to start the game, the Bearcats hit 4-of-14 (.285) the rest of the first half to finish 10-of-25 (.400).
· Pittsburgh shot .176 (3-17) from the 3-point line, after shooting over 36% as a team thus far this season.
· With the game tied at 40-40 and 9:48 remaining in the game, Cincinnati went on a 13-0 run over the next 3:16 to take over the lead. Adam Hrycaniuk keyed the run with a pair of tip-ins.
· Cincinnati held the Panthers without a field goal from 11:41 to 4:05, a stretch of 7:36.
· The Bearcats shot .465 from the field (20-43), the second-best shooting pct. of the season (.469 at Louisville).
· UC is now 8-0 when leading with 5 minutes left this season and 17-3 under Cronin.
· The Bearcats have doubled their BIG EAST victory total from 2006-07 with their fourth conference victory.
· The 4-2 start in BIG EAST play is UC's best in the three years of conference affiliation (the 2005-06 team was 3-3 through six games).
· UC had not beaten Pittsburgh as a member of the BIG EAST until today.