Men's Basketball |
Jan. 24, 2010
Box Score |
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Cincinnati at Louisville l Jan. 24, 2010
Freedom Hall – Louisville, Ky.
• Records: Cincinnati - 13-7; 4-4 BIG EAST; Louisville – 13-7; 4-3 BIG EAST.
• Cincinnati closed within four points with 2:42 to play, but Louisville closed the game on a 7-3 run and defeated the Bearcats, 68-60.
• The game between the Bearcats and the Cardinals was the last meeting between the two in Freedom Hall. Cincinnati fell to 15-27 all-time against Louisville and Freedom Hall.
• The Bearcats made 10-of-20 attempts from behind-the-arc, tying their season-high for most 3-pointers made. The 50 percent shooting from three-point land is a season high.
• Louisville made 15-of-19 attempts from the charity stripe, while Cincinnati made just all four of its attempted free throws.
• UC outrebounded the UofL 32-25, with 14 of those rebounds coming on the offensive end. UC is now 11-4 on the season when outrebounding its opponents.
• After turning the ball over a combined six times in the first half of its last two games, Cincinnati committed seven turnovers in the first half against the Cardinals compared to three for UofL. The Bearcats had 17 turnovers on the day compared to seven for Louisville.
• Following Louisville’s run, UC went on a 12-2 run from the 9:28 mark to the 6:40 mark to cut its deficit to two points, 54-52. Freshman Cashmere Wright scored seven of the 12 points during the spurt.
• Trailing 40-38, with 14:26 to play in the second half, the Cardinals went on a 12-2 run over the next 4:27 to take a 52-40 lead with 9:59 to play.
• A pair of Terrence Jennings free throws with 1:00 to play gave Louisville a 30-28 lead, its first lead of the game, and the Cardinals took a 31-30 lead into the half.
• The Bearcats outshot the Cardinals, 41.4 percent to 37.9 percent, from the field in the opening half.
• An 8-0 Cardinal run from the eight-minute mark to the six-minute mark of the first half cut Cincinnati’s lead to one points, 23-22.
• UC went on a 15-4 run over the opening 6:02 of the first half.
• Four Cincinnati players scored 12 points in the game.
• Freshman Lance Stephenson finished the contest with 12 points, seven rebounds and four assists. The double-digit scoring effort is his 11th of season. Stephenson scored all of his points in the first 6:02 of the game.
• Sophomore Yancy Gates added 12 points, his 13th double-figure scoring game of season and his sixth in BIG EAST play.
• Off the bench, Wright tacked on a career-high tying 12 points, marking his third-double-figure scoring effort of the season.
• Senior Deonta Vaughn was the final Bearcat player to score in double figures with 12 points. He also added five assists, moving him past Steve Logan for second on UC’s career assists chart with 458.
• Vaughn moved past Roger McClendon (1984-88) for second all-time in UC history in career starts with 109 career starts.
• After missing the USF game with an ankle injury, Stephenson made his first five shots from the floor and scored 12 of the Bearcats first 15 points.