CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES|
Jan. 27, 2011
Rutgers at Cincinnati l Jan. 26, 2011
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Down 20-26 in the first half, the Bearcats went on an 11-4 run to close out the first half and take a 31-30 lead. The run started at the 4:24 mark of the first and featured five points from Dion Dixon.
• The Bearcats went on a 7-0 run at the 15:27 mark of the second half to take a 38-32 lead. The run lasted 0:27 and featured four points from Rashad Bishop.
• With the score 52-48, UC went on an 8-0 run to increase its lead to 60-48. The run started at the 4:59 mark of the second half, lasted 1:35, and featured five points from Bishop.
• Senior forward Rashad Bishop tied his career high with 20 points on 5-for-10 shooting, while adding two rebounds, four assists and two blocks.
• Junior forward Yancy Gates followed Bishop in the first-half scoring category with eight, while adding a game-high six first-half rebounds. Gates recorded his fourth double-double of the season and 10th of his career after finishing with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
• Rutgers head coach Mike Rice was called with a technical foul at the 15:22 mark of the second half for arguing with officials, which led to two made free throws by Bishop.
SCORES BY HALF:
• Bearcats went into halftime leading 31-30
• Final score: UC 72, USF 56