Men's Basketball |
Feb. 2, 2008
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery
No. 17/16 Marquette at Cincinnati
February 2, 2008
Cincinnati, OH - Fifth Third Arena
Marquette (16-4, 6-4 BIG EAST) 75
Cincinnati (10-12, 5-5 BIG EAST) 60
· Cincinnati leads the all-time series 24-16.
· The Bearcats snap their string of three-consecutive wins against the Golden Eagles.
· UC jumped out to an early five-point lead, at 9-4, in the first four minutes of the game as sophomore guard Deonta Vaughn put an exclamation point on the run with a 3-point basket.
· Marquette took its first lead of the game at 26-24 on a pair of free throws by Dominic James with 1:24 remaining in the first half.
· Marquette closed the first half on a 15-2 run over the final 4:09 and took a 28-24 lead into the break.
· The Bearcats were out-rebounded 23-17 in the first half, but cut the advantage to four by the end of the game (39-35).
· UC's Deonta Vaughn led all scorers at the half with 11 points on 4-for-8 shooting. He finished the game with 23 points.
· Cincinnati dropped to 2-9 when trailing at halftime this season.
· Vaughn started a 13-2 UC run with a three-point play at 12:23 that cut Marquette's lead to 50-46.
· UC shot 31.7 percent (19-of-60) for the game, their lowest shooting percentage of the season.