Men's Basketball |
Feb. 4, 2010
Box Score |
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Cincinnati at Notre Dame l Feb. 4, 2010
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
• Records: Cincinnati - 14-8; 5-5 BIG EAST; Notre Dame – 16-7; 5-5 BIG EAST.
• Notre Dame shot 54 percent from the field in the second half and went on to defeat Cincinnati 83-65. The 18-point defeat is UC’s largest of the season.
• The Cincinnati loss snapped a two-game winning streak for the Bearcats over the Irish and Notre Dame improved to 6-3 all-time and 3-0 at home all-time against Cincinnati.
• For the game, the Irish connected on 29-of-61 shots (47.5 percent), while UC made just 21-of-55 shots (38.2 percent).
• ND outrebounded UC 41-32 and the Bearcats fell to 2-4 on the season when they are outrebounded by its opponent.
• Notre Dame outscored Cincinnati 38-26 in points in the paint. The 38 points in the paint are the second most by a UC opponent this season.
• A 12-2 Irish run from the 10:54 mark of the second half to the 6:38 mark opened up a 20-point lead for Notre Dame, 68-48.
• A lay-up by Luke Harandgody with two seconds to play in the first half gave the Irish a 40-27 lead entering the half. The 13-point halftime deficit is Cincinnati’s second largest halftime deficit of the season and its largest this season in conference contests.
• Notre Dame shot 42.4 percent (14-of-33) from the field in the first half compared to 32.1 percent (9-of-28) shooting for Cincinnati.
• ND outrebounded Cincinnati 23-18 and outscored Cincinnati 20-12 in points in the paint in the opening half.
• Over a 4:39 stretch mid-way through the first half, an 11-3 ND run widened a three-point lead for the Irish to 11 points, 28-17, with 5:50 to play in the opening half.
• Cincinnati missed seven straight field goals from the field from the 17:10 mark to the 12:22 mark, before a Rashad Bishop lay-up made the score 15-8.
• Leading 7-6 with 17:10 to play in the first half, Notre Dame went on an 8-0 run over the next 3:12 to open up a 15-6 lead with 13:58 to play.
• After scoring five points in his last eight games, junior Larry Davis scored six points in the first half for the Bearcats and finished with a team-high 12 points on a season-high four 3-pointers. Davis’ 12 points marked his third double-figure scoring effort of the season.
• Senior Deonta Vaughn added 11 points, his 14th double-figure scoring game this season and his fifth in a row.
• Sophomore Yancy Gates led Cincinnati with 10 points and four rebounds in the first half. Gates finished with 10 points and six boards.