Men's Basketball |
Feb. 7, 2010
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
No. 3/4 Syracuse at Cincinnati l Feb. 7, 2010
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Records: Cincinnati - 14-9; 5-6 BIG EAST; No. 3/4 Syracuse – 23-1; 10-1 BIG EAST.
• The Orange closed out the game with a 28-5 run of their own over the final 12:12 to defeat Cincinnati, 71-54.
• The Bearcats went scoreless from the floor over the final 8:16 (0-of-8).
• Syracuse shot 60.0 percent from the field in the second half and 51.1 percent (24-of-47) for the game compared to 39.1 percent in the second-half and 41.7 percent (20-of-48) overall for Cincinnati.
• SU’s bench outscored UC’s 28-11. The Bearcats are now 0-4 on the season when their opponent’s bench outscores Cincinnati’s bench.
• Cincinnati outrebounded Syracuse 30-29 and fell to 12-5 when outrebounding its opponents.
• An Andy Rautins 3-pointer with 16:29 gave Syracuse a seven-point lead, 41-34. UC responded with a 15-2 run over the next 4:03 to take a 49-43 lead with 12:26 to play.
• A free throw by Syracuse’s Scoop Jardine with 4.9 seconds to play in the first half capped off an 11-4 Orange run over the final 5:06 giving SU a 32-30 lead entering the half.
• The Bearcats shot 44-percent (11-of-25) from the floor in the first half, compared to 44.4 percent shooting (12-of-27) for the Orange.
• The Bearcats went scoreless from the field from the 14:00 minute mark to the 7:45 minute mark of the first half and during that stretch the Orange went on an 11-0 run to take a 17-15 lead, its first lead of the game.
• UC hit three of its first four shots from the floor and went 4-of-6 from the free throw line and held Syracuse to 1-of-8 shooting over the first 4:44 to take an 11-2 lead with 15:16 to play.
• Junior Ibrahima Thomas scored nine of Cincinnati’s first 15 points in the opening 6:00 of the first half. Thomas finished with a team- and season-high 13 points, his fifth double-figure scoring effort of the season. Thomas also added seven rebounds.
• Freshman Lance Stephenson notched his 13th double-figure scoring game of the season with 10 points. Stephenson also led the team in rebounds with eight.
• Sophomore Yancy Gates poured in 11 points on a perfect 5-of-5 shooting from the floor, his 15th double-figure scoring effort of the season.