Feb. 9, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2012-13 POSTGAME NOTES
No. 23/25 Pittsburgh 62 (20-5, 8-4 BIG EAST), No. 17 Cincinnati: 52 (18-6, 6-5 BIG EAST)
February 9, 2013 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio // Attendance: 12,478
- UC and Pitt are tied in the all-time series with nine wins apiece. UC owns a 5-3 advantage in Cincinnati.
- UC Starters: Cashmere Wright (G), Cheikh Mbodj (F), Justin Jackson (F), Sean Kilpatrick (G), JaQuon Parker (G). The same starting lineup has started 18 games this season for the Bearcats, for a record of 16-2.
- At halftime, the Bearcats and the Panthers were deadlocked in points in the paint (14) and fast break points (four). Pittsburgh led with 10 points off of turnovers compared to Cincinnati’s seven and UC led with six bench points to Pitt’s four.
- The Bearcats finished the game shooting 30.8 percent while the Panthers shot 45.5 percent for the game.
- Cincinnati shot a season-low 16 percent from beyond the arc (4 of 25). The previous low this season was 18.2 percent against Alabama on Dec. 1. The Bearcats only shot 18.8 percent from 3-point range in their first game against the Panthers on Dec. 31 in Pittsburgh.
- The teams combined to shoot 49 total free throw attempts (27 for Pittsburgh and 22 for Cincinnati). It was the most total free throw attempts in a game for Cincinnati since Jan. 19 when UC and Marquette combined for 60 (31 for MU and 29 for UC).
- The Bearcats outrebounded the Panthers 33 to 30. UC has recorded more rebounds than its opponents in 21 of 24 games this season.
- Cashmere Wright had two assists and was the only Bearcat to record more than one assist, block or steal in the game.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 16 points to lead all players. He has scored in double figures in 23 of 24 games this year and 69 games for his career. Of his 16 points, 15 were scored in the first half.
- Kilpatrick now has 1,304 career points, keeping him in 22nd place on UC's career scoring chart. He needs 12 more points to tie Damon Flint (1994-97) in 21st place with 1,316 points.
- Cashmere Wright scored five points in the game to give him 1,209 career points. He currently sits in 29th place in the record book and needs only 10 points to tie LaZelle Durden (1993-95) in 28th place with 1,219 points.
- Wright recorded two assists for a career total of 453, which puts him in fourth place. He will move into third place passing Steve Logan with four more assists. He also ranks second in career steals with 186 and has 129 career games played, tying him for 7th on the career list.
- Titus Rubles finished with eight rebounds, his most since grabbing 10 boards against Marquette on Jan. 19.
- Jermaine Sanders grabbed four rebounds, one shy of his season high. He has recorded at least four boards in five games this season.
- Kilpatrick tied a season high with five turnovers. It is only the third time this season he has had five turnovers in a game.
- The Bearcats will continue their three-game homestand when they host Villanova on Tues., Feb. 12 at 8 p.m. The game will be broadcast on the BIG EAST Network, as well as Fox Sports Ohio and can be heard on 700 WLW.