Feb. 12, 2012
Final Stats |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Feb. 11, 2012
No. 18/19 Marquette (21-5, 10-3 BIG EAST) 95, Cincinnati (17-8, 7-5 BIG EAST) 78
Game 25 ▪ Bradley Center ▪ Milwaukee, Wis. ▪ Att: 18,815
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates (F), 44 Jaquon Parker (G)
- Marquette: 0 Jamil Wilson (F), 1 Darius Johnson-Odom (G), 2 Vander Blue (G), 5 Junior Cadougan (G), 32 Jae Crowder (F)
- Cincinnati: Gates (11 pts., 12 reb.) | Parker (15 pts., 8 reb.) | Dixon (15 pts.) | Wright (14 pts., 5 ast.) | Jackson (10 pts., 8 reb.)
- Marquette: Crowder (23 pts., 6 reb.) | Johnson-Odom (23 pts., 5 ast.) | Blue (14 pts., 7 reb.) | Wilson (15 pts., 4 reb.)
- The loss was the fourth in the last six contests for the Bearcats.
- UC had won its last three road games against ranked opponent s (66-63 at No. 22/22 Pittsburgh on Jan. 1, 68-64 at No. 11/11 Georgetown on Jan. 9, 70-67 at No. 13/13 Connecticut on Jan. 18).
- The Bearcats have won 10 of the last 14 road contests and eight of 11 BIG EAST road contests dating to last season.
- UC has won 12 of the last 18 BIG EAST games.
- Cincinnati is now 25-19 all-time against Marquette, including 9-10 at MU.
- UC trailed 47-35 at halftime after jumping out to a 16-4 lead early in the first half.
- Marquette’s 47 first-half points were the most for a UC opponent this season.
- MU’s 95 points is the most allowed by Cincinnati since allowing 96 at Connecticut on March 9, 2008.
- The 17-point loss is UC’s worst in BIG EAST play since a 74-47 loss at Georgetown on March 6, 2010.
- UC outrebounded its second straight opponent, grabbing 42 rebounds to MU’s 29.
- The Bearcats forced just seven turnovers and have forced 253 over the last 17 games (14.9 per game).
- It was just the third time in 25 games this season that UC failed to force 10 or more turnovers.
- UC recorded four blocks and now has 113 on the season (4.5 per game), the second-most in the Mick Cronin era (129 in 2010-11).
- Cincinnati knocked down just three three-pointers and has hit 149 three-pointers over the last 17 games (8.8 per game) after knocking down 43 triples through the first eight games of the season (5.4 per game).
- Marquette is the third BIG EAST opponent to score 70 or more against UC this season.
- The Bearcats have held 19 of 25 opponents under 70 points this season.
- Cincinnati led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing an average of 61.5 points through 25 games this season, which is third in the league.
- Cashmere Wright scored 14 points, his 13th double-digit scoring output of the season. He has hit double figures in seven of his last eight games and has 69 assists and 27 turnovers over his last 15 games (2.6-to-1 assists-to-turnovers ratio). Wright has 29 steals in 12 BIG EAST games, an average of 2.4 per game.
- Yancy Gates scored 11 points with 12 rebounds, his eight double-double of the season and the 21st of his career, third amongst active BIG EAST players.
- Jaquon Parker scored 15 points with eight rebounds, the seventh time he has reached double figures in scoring this season. His eight rebounds are the most since grabbing a career-high nine against Oklahoma on Dec. 29.
- Sean Kilpatrick made two three-pointers and has made a three in 24 straight games (2.9 per game during that span). He has knocked down a triple in 47 of his 60 career games and has scored in double figures in 21 of 25 games this season.
- Dion Dixon scored 15 points and has scored in double digits in 22 of 25 games this season.
- Cheikh Mbodj posted two blocks and has seven rejections over the last two games (had 10 total blocks in previous 14 games).
- Justin Jackson posted 10 points and eight rebounds, his fourth career double-digit scoring contest – all this season.
- The Bearcats return to Fifth Third Arena to take on Providence on Feb. 15. Tipoff is scheduled for 9 p.m. on ESPNU.