Men's Basketball |
Feb. 12, 2013
Box Score |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2012-13 POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati: 68 (19-6, 7-5 BIG EAST); Villanova: 50 (15-10, 6-6 BIG EAST)
February 12, 2013 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio // Attendance: 9,534
- Cincinnati won both meetings last season: an 82-78 home win on Jan. 14 and a 72-68 decision at Villanova in the regular-season finale on March 3. Villanova owns a 6-4 lead overall in the series and is tied 3-3 in Cincinnati.
- UC Starters: Cashmere Wright (G), Cheikh Mbodj (F), Titus Rubles (F), Sean Kilpatrick (G), JaQuon Parker (G).
- At halftime, the Wildcats led the Bearcats in points in the paint (14-6) and bench points (12-8).
- Villanova shot 52.2 percent from the floor in the first half on 12-of-23 shooting. The percentage was higher than any single-game total the Bearcats had allowed all season.
- The Wildcats finished with 39.6 percent shooting from the floor (21-of-53).
- The Bearcats finished the first half with seven assists on 11 made field goals.
- Cincinnati employed a 10-2 run in the second half, to take a 44-33 lead. The run spanned three minutes and 20 seconds and lasted until the 13-minute mark.
- The Bearcats finished with 12 three-point baskets, tying their most triples this season (12-of-28 vs. North Carolina A&T on Nov. 18). It is also the sixth time this season UC has drained at least 10 3-point baskets.
- UC was outrebounded 36-31. It marks the third time this season that the Bearcats have been outrebounded but won the game.
- Cashmere Wright recorded three steals vs. Villanova to tie the school's career record with 189. He moved into first place with David "Puffy" Kennedy (1977-81).
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 19 points in the game. He has scored in double figures in 24 of 25 games this year and 70 games for his career.
- Kilpatrick now has 1,323 career points, keeping him in 19th place on UC's career scoring chart. He needs five more points to tie Derrek Dickey (1971-73) in 18th place with 1,328 points.
- Cashmere Wright scored 11 points in the game to give him 1,220 career points. He currently sits in 28th place in the record book and needs only 11 points to tie Eric Hicks (2003-06) in 27th place with 1,231 points.
- Wright recorded four assists for a career total of 457, which puts him in third place. He passed Steve Logan (1998-2002) with 456 career assists. He is 43 assists away from tying Eddie Lee (1976-80) with 500.
- Wright also moved into a tie for sixth place with 130 career games played.
- JaQuon Parker scored 19 points, tying Kilpatrick for a game-high.
- The Bearcats will conclude their three-game homestand when they host No. 15 Georgetown on Fri., Feb. 15 at 9 p.m. The game will be broadcast on the ESPN and can be heard on 700 WLW.