Men's Basketball |
Feb. 13, 2008
Box Score |
St. John's at Cincinnati
February 13, 2008
Cincinnati, OH - Fifth Third Arena
St. John's (10-13, 4-8 BIG EAST) 60
Cincinnati (12-12, 7-5 BIG EAST) 43
· St. John's leads the all-time series 5-3.
· The Bearcats snap a string of four straight losses to the Red Storm.
· Freshman guard Larry Davis scored eight points in the first half, and finished with 10, the most points he has scored since posting 10 at Notre Dame.
· St. John's 20 points in the first half equal the fewest points allowed by Cincinnati in the opening period this season.
· Sophomore guard Deonta Vaughn was held scoreless in the first half, making it two games in-a-row the BIG EAST's second-leading scorer was held without a point in the first half. Vaughn's three points establish a new season-low.
· Senior forward John Williamson accounted for almost half of UC's first-half points, posting 11 of the Bearcats' 23 points. Williamson ended the game with 25 points, two shy of his career-high of 27 set against Oakland last season.
· Williamson also added 11 rebounds in the game for his third double-double of the year and eighth of his career.
· In the first half, the duo of Williamson and Davis accounted for 19 of Cincinnati's 23 points on a combined 9-of-15 from the floor. The rest of the team was a combined 2-of-10 from the field.
· The 17-point margin of victory marked the largest home win of the season. It stands as the largest home win since UC beat Howard by 31 in last year's season opener.
· From 11:54 to 4:12 of the second half, a span of 7:39, the Bearcats held St. John's from scoring a basket. During the stretch, UC outscored the Red Storm, 14-1.
· The Bearcats were dominant inside, owning a 36-12 advantage in points in the paint.
· With the victory UC posted its 12th win of the season, one more than last season's win total.
· Triumphant in consecutive games, Cincinnati finds itself back at .500 for first time since Jan. 19, when it stood 9-9, after the 62-59 win over Pitt.