Feb. 16, 2012
Final Stats |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Feb. 15, 2012
Cincinnati (18-8, 8-5 BIG EAST) 81, Providence (13-14, 2-12 BIG EAST) 66
Game 26 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Cincinnati, Ohio ▪ Att: 7,822
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates (F), 44 Jaquon Parker (G)
- Providence: 1 Gerald Coleman (G), 11 Bryce Cotton (G), 23 LaDontae Henton (F), 32 Vincent Council (G), 42 Bilal Dixon (F)
Cincinnati: Kilpatrick (22 pts., 8 reb.) | Gates (16 pts., 9 reb.) | Wright (9 pts., 5 reb., 5 ast.) | Dixon (7 pts., 6 reb., 3 blk.)
- Providence: Council (29 pts., 5 ast.) | Henton (24 pts., 9 reb.) | Coleman (11 pts.)
- UC has won 13 of the last 19 BIG EAST games.
- Cincinnati is now 4-4 all-time against Providence and has won three straight against the Friars.
- UC led 41-25 at halftime, its largest halftime lead in a BIG EAST game this season.
- UC outrebounded its third straight opponent, grabbing 44 rebounds to PC’s 26.
- Over the last three games, UC has outrebounded its opponents, 135-84.
- The Bearcats forced 11 turnovers and have forced 264 over the last 18 games (14.7 per game).
- UC has forced 10 or more turnovers in 23 of 26 games this season.
- UC recorded five blocks and now has 118 on the season (4.5 per game), the second-most in the Mick Cronin era (129 in 2010-11).
- Cincinnati knocked down four three-pointers and has hit 153 three-pointers over the last 18 games (8.5 per game) after knocking down 43 triples through the first eight games of the season (5.4 per game).
- UC knocked down a season-best 21 free throws and tied a season-high with 29 attempts.
- Cincinnati scored 44 points in the paint, its fourth straight 40-point effort in the paint. The Bearcats have scored 40 or more in the paint seven times this season.
- The Bearcats have held 20 of 26 opponents under 70 points this season.
- Cincinnati is 12-2 when scoring 70 or more points in 2011-12.
- UC had eight turnovers and has committed less than 10 turnovers in eight of 13 BIG EAST games this season.
- Cincinnati led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing an average of 61.7 points through 26 games this season, which is third in the league.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 22 points, his sixth 20-point effort of the season and the ninth of his career. He made three three-pointers and has hit a three in 25 straight games (2.9 per game during that span). He has knocked down a triple in 48 of his 61 career games and has scored in double figures in 22 of 26 games this season.
- Yancy Gates scored 16 points with nine rebounds. He is averaging 9.9 rebounds per game over the last eight.
- Cashmere Wright scored nine points with five assists and just one turnover. He has 74 assists and 28 turnovers over his last 16 games (2.6-to-1 assists-to-turnovers ratio). Wright has 31 steals in 13 BIG EAST games, an average of 2.4 per game.
- Dion Dixon scored seven points and moved into 29th place on UC’s all-time scoring list with 1,147 points, passing Jim Holstein (1,146). He also posted a career-high three blocked shots.
- The Bearcats welcome Seton Hall to Fifth Third Arena on Saturday, Feb. 18. Tipoff is scheduled for 4 p.m. on BIG EAST Network/FOX Sports Ohio.