Men's Basketball |
Feb. 16, 2013
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2012-13 POSTGAME NOTES
No. 15 Georgetown: 62 (19-4, 9-3 BIG EAST); Cincinnati: 55 (19-6, 7-5 BIG EAST)
February 15, 2013 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio // Attendance: 12,842
- Entering tonight's game, UC had won the last four meetings against Georgetown, including a pair of games last season. The overall series is now tied 6-6 and the teams are 2-2 in games played in the Queen City
- UC Starters: Cashmere Wright (G), Cheikh Mbodj (F), Justin Jackson (F), Sean Kilpatrick (G), JaQuon Parker (G).
- The Bearcats shot just 30.8 percent from the floor in the first half while allowing Georgetown to hit 46.2 percent.
- Combined, the two teams shot 2-of-20 (1-of-9 for GU, 1-of-11 for UC) from behind the arc in the first half. The teams finished the game a combined 7-of-36 (19.4%) (3-of-12 for GU and 4-of-24 for UC).
- UC took its first lead of the second half 6:53 at 51-50 when JaQuon Parker nailed a jumper in the lane.
- With tonight's eight blocks, the Bearcats now have 167 on the season, ranking sixth in school history. UC is averaging 6.36 blocks per game, currently third in school history.
- After falling behind by nine points, the Bearcats employed a 14-4 run to claw to within 48-45 at the 9:24 mark. The run spanned 5:35.
- The 12,842 fans in attendance were a season-high for the Bearcats.
- With his first steal at the 18:27 mark of the first half, senior Cashmere Wright recorded his 190th career steal to give him the school record. Coming into the game he was tied with David "Puffy" Kennedy at 189. He finished the game with three steals, bringing his career total to 192.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 12 points in the game. He has scored in double figures in 25 of 26 games this year and 71 games for his career.
- Kilpatrick now has 1,335 career points, putting him in 18th place on UC's career scoring chart, passing Derrek Dickey (1971-73). He needs 50 more points to tie Bobby Austin (1970-82) in 17th place with 1,385 points.
- Cashmere Wright scored 12 points in the game to give him 1,232 career points. He currently sits in 27th place in the record book and needs only 20 points to tie Steve Collier (1975-78) in 26th place with 1,252 points.
- Wright recorded three assists for a career total of 460, which puts him in third place. He is 40 assists away from tying Eddie Lee (1976-80) with 500.
- Wright also moved into a tie for fifth place with 131 career games played and is tied for fourth place with 106 career games started.
- JaQuon Parker scored 15 points including 11-straight in the second half to bring the Bearcats back into the game and give them the lead at 51-50 with 6:53 left. He has led the Bearcats in scoring in each of the past two games. He tallied 19 points against Villanova on Tuesday.
- Cheikh Mbodj recorded five blocks agianst Georgetown. It marks the third game this season he has five or more rejections (5 at Seton Hall [2/2/13] and 7 at DePaul [1/15/13]).
- The Bearcats will hit the road for two games, beginning with a match at Connecticut on Thurs., Feb. 21. The game, which will be played at 7 p.m., can be seen on either ESPN or ESPN2 and can be heard on 700 WLW.