Men's Basketball |
Feb. 18, 2012
Final Stats |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Feb. 18, 2012
Cincinnati (19-8, 9-5 BIG EAST) 62, Seton Hall (18-9, 7-8 BIG EAST) 57
Game 27 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Cincinnati, Ohio ▪ Att: 13,003
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates (F), 44 Jaquon Parker (G)
- Seton Hall: 1 Jordane Theodore (G), 2 Brandon Mobley (F), 4 Aaron Cosby (G), 15 Herb Pope (F), 23 Fuquan Edwin (F)
- Cincinnati: Dixon (20 pts., 5 reb., 5 ast., 2 blk.) | Wright (13 pts.) | Parker (12 pts., 7 reb.)
- Seton Hall: Theodore (15 pts., 5 ast.) | Edwin (15 pts.) | Pope (10 pts., 14 reb.)
- The Bearcats are 306-67 (.820) in games played in Fifth Third Arena since the building opened in 1989-90 (now in 23rd season).
- Under Mick Cronin, UC is 69-31 in Fifth Third Arena (.690)
- UC has won 14 of the last 20 BIG EAST games.
- Cincinnati is now 7-6 all-time against Seton Hall and has won two straight against the Pirates.
- The win gives UC nine conference victories, the second time it has reached the nine-win plateau in BIG EAST play (joined league prior to 2005-06 season). Last season, the Bearcats were 11-7 in conference games.
- Cincinnati has played in a BIG EAST-high 10 games decided by five points or less or in overtime this season. With today’s five-point win, the Bearcats now have six victories in such contests, which leads the conference.
- UC led 37-28 at halftime.
- Over the last four games, UC has outrebounded its opponents, 172-123.
- The Bearcats forced nine turnovers and have forced 273 over the last 19 games (14.4 per game).
- Seton Hall turned the ball over nine times. It was just the fourth time this season that the Bearcats forced fewer than 10 turnovers.
- UC recorded five blocks and now has 123 on the season (4.6 per game), the second-most in the Mick Cronin era (129 in 2010-11).
- Cincinnati knocked down nine three-pointers and has hit 162 three-pointers over the last 19 games (8.5 per game) after knocking down 43 triples through the first eight games of the season (5.4 per game).
- The Bearcats are 12-1 this season when hitting eight or more three-pointers.
- Cincinnati scored only 16 points in the paint after scoring 40 or more in the paint in each of the previous four games.
- The Bearcats have held 21 of 27 opponents under 70 points this season and have held 15 opponents to less than 60 in 2011-12.
- Cincinnati is 12-3 when holding opponents to fewer than 60 points in 2011-12.
- Cincinnati led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing an average of 61.5 points through 27 games this season, which is fourth in the league.
- Dion Dixon scored 20 points and moved into 28th place on UC’s all-time scoring list with 1,167 points, passing Tom Thacker (1,152). It was his fourth 20-point effort of the season and the seventh of his career. He added five rebounds, five assists, and two blocks.
- Cashmere Wright scored 13 points, his 14th double-figure scoring effort of the season and his eighth in the last 10 contests. He has 74 assists and 32 turnovers over his last 17 games (2.3-to-1 assists-to-turnovers ratio).
- Jaquon Parker scored 12 points with seven rebounds, his eighth double-figure scoring contest of the season and his second in the last three.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored seven points and knocked down one three-pointer. He has hit a three in 26 straight games (2.8 per game during that span). He has knocked down a triple in 49 of his 62 career games and has scored in double figures in 22 of 27 games this season.
- Yancy Gates scored five points with eight rebounds and has led the Bearcats in rebounding in 18 of his 21 games played this season.
- The Bearcats wrap up a three-game homestand against No. 19/18 Louisville on Thursday, Feb. 23. The game will be televised by ESPN at 9 p.m.