2007-08 Cincinnati Men's Basketball|
Feb. 20, 2008
USF at Cincinnati
February 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH - Fifth Third Arena
USF (11-16, 2-12 BIG EAST) 51
Cincinnati (13-12, 8-5 BIG EAST) 52
· Cincinnati leads the all-time series 20-5.
· The Bearcats have won nine of the last 11 meetings against the Bulls.
· After being held to a season-low three points against St. John's last week, sophomore guard Deonta Vaughn scored seven of UC's first nine points in the opening six minutes of the game. He finished with 14 points in the first half and totaled 21 points for the game.
· UC held USF's Kentrell Gransberry to one point in the first half. The Bulls' center came into the night averaging 17.2 points per game. Gransberry ended the night with seven points and 18 caroms.
· Down by five points, at 42-37, with 7:40 to play in the game, UC went on an 13-4 run to take a four-point lead, at 50-46 with 3:23 left. Vaughn started the run with a pair of 3-pointers.
· Cincinnati established a new season low with six turnovers. UC has committed just 19 miscues over the last two games.