Feb. 21, 2009
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
- After UC opened the game leading 4-2, UofL used a 9-0 run over 1:26 to lead 11-4 with 16:19 left in the first, after hitting three triples in a row.
- The Bearcats responded with a 9-2 run of their own to knot things up at 13 apiece with 14:21 left in the half.
- The first half featured six lead changes.
- UC had no free throw attempts in the first half.
- It marked the first time this season the Bearcats did not attempt a free throw in a half this season. UofL was 7-for-8. The Bearcats finished 2-for-2 from the stripe, a season low for makes and attempts. UC's free throws of the game came with 16:35 of the second half with Yancy Gates sinking a pair.
- UC outscored UofL, 11-8, in second-chance points in the opening stanza. Both teams grabbed six first-half offensive rebounds.
- Cincinnati finished with 19 assists, just off its season high of 21.
- The Bearcats hit 11 three pointers, marking the 10th straight game and the 22nd time this season UC has hit six or more threes in a game. It was the third time this season the Bearcats knocked down 11 or more threes in a game.
- UC is 11-2 when hitting more than seven triples in a game.
- UC is now 5-10 this season when trailing at the half.
- Tonight's attendance was 12,350, the second best home crowd this season.
- UofL holds a 52-39 lead in the all-time series.
- Alvin Mitchell finished with a team-high 14 points, his first game in the past five netting double figures and the fifth time this season. He finished with four three pointers, marking the third time in the last four games he has knocked down three triples.
- Yancy Gates scored all 10 of his points in the second half.
- Deonta Vaughn had eight assists in the game, his second best total of the season.
- Mike Williams has four assists, leaving him one short of a season and career high.
- Vaughn (9) and Williams (6) were held to a combined two points in the second half.