Men's Basketball |
Feb. 23, 2012
Final Stats |
UC Gallery |
2011-12 UC MEN'S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Feb. 23, 2012
Cincinnati (20-8, 10-5 BIG EAST) 60, No. 17/17 Louisville (21-7, 9-6 BIG EAST) 56
Game 28 ▪ Fifth Third Arena ▪ Cincinnati, Ohio ▪ Att: 13,176
- Cincinnati: 1 Cashmere Wright (G), 3 Dion Dixon (G), 23 Sean Kilpatrick (G), 34 Yancy Gates (F), 44 Jaquon Parker (G)
- Louisville: 3 Peyton Siva (G), 5 Chris Smith (G), 10 Gorgui Dieng (C), 14 Kyle Kuric (G), 24 Chane Behanan (F)
- Cincinnati: Wright (22 pts., 5 reb., 5 ast.) | Gates (10 pts., 10 reb.) | Kilpatrick (12 pts., 4 ast.) | Dixon (11 pts., 5 reb.)
- Louisville: Siva (14 pts., 4 ast.) | Dieng (11 pts., 13 reb.) | Behanan (11 pts., 7 reb.) | R. Smith (11 pts.)
- The Bearcats are 307-67 (.820) in games played in Fifth Third Arena since the building opened in 1989-90 (now in 23rd season).
- Under Mick Cronin, UC is 70-31 in Fifth Third Arena (.690).
- The Bearcats are now 25-25 all-time against ranked opponents in Fifth Third Arena.
- The win marked Cincinnati's fourth against a ranked opponent this season (No. 22 Pittsburgh, No. 11 Georgetown, No. 13 Connecticut, No. 17 Louisville), the most in a single season in the Cronin era.
- UC has won 15 of the last 21 BIG EAST games.
- UC now trails the all-time series against Louisville, 53-42, but has won the last three against the Cardinals.
- The win gives UC 10 conference victories for the second straight season after posting an 11-7 mark in conference play last year.
- Cincinnati has played in a BIG EAST-high 11 games decided by five points or less or in overtime this season. With today's four-point win, the Bearcats now have seven victories in such contests, which leads the conference.
- The Bearcats are now 7-4 in the last 11 games against ranked opponents, including a 4-3 mark this season.
- UC led 32-30 at halftime.
- The Bearcats forced 14 turnovers and have forced 287 over the last 20 games (14.4 per game).
- UC has forced 10 or more turnovers in 24 of 28 games this season.
- UC recorded eight blocks and now has 131 on the season (4.7 per game), the most in the Mick Cronin era (129 in 2010-11).
- Cincinnati knocked down 11 three-pointers and has hit 173 three-pointers over the last 20 games (8.7 per game) after knocking down 43 triples through the first eight games of the season (5.4 per game).
- The Bearcats are 12-1 this season when hitting eight or more three-pointers and have hit 10 or more in seven games this season (7-0).
- Cincinnati scored only 16 points in the paint after scoring 40 or more in the paint in each of the previous four games.
- The Bearcats have held 22 of 28 opponents under 70 points this season and have held 16 opponents to less than 60 in 2011-12.
- Cincinnati is 13-3 when holding opponents to fewer than 60 points in 2011-12.
- Cincinnati led the BIG EAST Conference, allowing 59.6 points per game in 2010-11. The Bearcats are allowing an average of 61.3 points through 28 games this season, which is fourth in the league.
- Yancy Gates scored 10 points with 10 rebounds, his ninth double-double of the season and the 22nd of his career. He has led the Bearcats in rebounding in 19 of his 22 games played this season.
- Cashmere Wright scored 22 points, his 15th double-figure scoring effort of the season and his ninth in the last 11 contests. He has posted four 20-point efforts this year and has 79 assists and 33 turnovers over his last 18 games (2.4-to-1 assists-to-turnovers ratio).
- Dion Dixon scored 11 points and tied a career high with three blocks. He has eight blocked shots over the last three games (2.7 per game) after recording seven through the first 25 games of the season.
- Sean Kilpatrick scored 12 points and knocked down a pair of three-pointers. He has hit a three in 27 straight games (2.7 per game during that span). He has knocked down a triple in 50 of his 63 career games and has scored in double figures in 23 of 28 games this season.
- The Bearcats travel to Tampa, Fla., to take on USF on Sunday, Feb. 26. Tipoff is scheduled for noon on the BIG EAST Network.