UC at West Virginia Postgame Notes|
Feb. 27, 2010
UC Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
· Records: Cincinnati - 16-12; 7-9 BIG EAST; West Virginia - 22-6; 11-5 BIG EAST
· Down by 10 early in the second half, West Virginia dominated the glass in the final 20 minutes and rallied for 74-68 victory over Cincinnati.
· The loss snapped UC's two game winning streak vs. WVU. The Bearcats lead the all-time series 10-7.
· After being tied with UC with 15 rebounds at halftime, the Mountaineers outrebounded the Bearcats, 26-15, in the second half for at 41-30 advantage overall in the game.
· Cincinnati committed 10 turnovers to WVU's 14 and outscored West Virginia 20-13 on points off turnovers. The Bearcats are now 6-5 when committing fewer turnovers that it's opponents.
· UC knocked down seven of 10 3-pointers in the first half after going 0-for-9 in its last game vs. DePaul. Cincinnati finished 9-of-21 (42.9 percent), going 2-for-11 in the second half.
· After posting his first career double-double in his last game vs. DePaul, Lance Stephenson came up one board short of another at West Virginia, posting 14 points and a team-high nine rebounds. He also added three assists.
· After going his last two games without scoring in double digits, Deonta Vaughn recorded 15 against West Virginia - his most points in over a month (20 vs. USF, Jan. 20). He also grabbed five rebounds and dished out a game-high tying five assists.
· Yancy Gates posted his third straight double-figure night scoring 10 points off the bench on 5-of-9 shooting. Gates was limited to 20 minute of action due to foul trouble.