Men's Basketball |
Feb. 28, 2008
Box Score |
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
February 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA - Petersen Events Center
Cincinnati (13-14, 8-7 BIG EAST) 67
Pittsburgh (20-8, 8-7 BIG EAST) 73
· Cincinnati leads the all-time series with Pittsburgh 7-4.
· Senior forward John Williamson notched his third 20-point game in his last five outings, equaling his career best for points with 27. Williamson is averaging 18.4 ppg during the five-game stretch.
· Sophomore Deonta Vaughn recorded his sixth 20-point game of the season.
· Vaughn and Williamson are the first Bearcats to score 20 or more points in the same game since Vaughn and senior forward Marcus Sikes accomplished the feat vs. Wofford on Nov. 21, 2006, posting 33 and 20 points, respectively.
· The Bearcats shot .481 (26-of-54) from the field, their second-highest shooting percentage of the year, including .536 (15-of-28) in the second half. Cincinnati's season high for shooting came against Connecticut on Jan. 23 as UC hit .483 (29-of-60).
· Cincinnati out rebounded Pittsburgh by 12, 37-25, and has a +5.8 rebounding margin over its last five games. Williamson led all Bearcats with nine boards in the game.