March 1, 2009
2009 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Cincinnati 63, Syracuse 87 – 3/1/09
Carrier Dome– Syracuse, N.Y.
- RECORDS: Cincinnati 18-11 (8-8 BIG EAST); Syracuse 21-8 (9-7 BIG EAST)
- Syracuse leads the all-time series 4-2, including a 2-1 mark in the Carrier Dome
- The Orange held a 21-2 advantage on fast-break points, 13-4 on second-chance points and 48-18 on points in the paint.
- Syracuse scored 69 of its 87 points off free throws and points in the paint.
- The Bearcats scored seven points in the first 9:28 of the game and trailed 40-17 at the half. The 17 points were a season low in a half.
- UC’s 46 second-half points were its third-best second half output of the season, behind Notre Dame (56), and UAB (49).
- UC shot .552 (16-of-29) from the field in the second half, including a 8-for-16 (.500) effort from behind the arc.
- Mike Williams did not play for the second-straight game (knee injury)
- Dion Dixon had a career-best 18 points, knocking down four three pointers, and adding five boards and three assists.
- Deonta Vaughn did not score for the first 35 minutes of the game. He had all 11 points in the final five minutes of action.
- Rashad Bishop had a team-high seven rebounds.
- Yancy Gates scored all eight of his points in the second half.