Men's Basketball |
March 3, 2009
2008-09 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Cincinnati at USF l March 3, 2009
Sun Dome – Tampa, Fla.
• Records: Cincinnati – 18-12; 8-9 BIG EAST; USF – 9-20; 4-13 BIG EAST
• UC fell to 20-6 all-time vs. USF.
• USF outscored UC 46-30 in the second half to defeat the Bearcats 70-59. The Bearcats fell to 5-1 on the season when holding opponents between 61 and 70 points.
• South Florida shot 46.9 percent from the field (23-of-49), compared to 37.7 percent for Cincinnati (23-of-61).
• After shooting 2-of-13 from behind the arc in the first half, USF went 7-of-14 from three in the second half.
• Cincinnati fell to 11-1 when leading at the half this season.
• A sophomore Rashad Bishop fastbreak lay-up with less than 30 seconds to play in the first sent the Bearcats into the half with a 29-24 lead.
• Freshman Yancy Gates scored a team-high 14 points and grabbed a team-best tying seven rebounds.
• Sophomore Darnell Wilks scored seven of UC’s first 15 points in the opening 8:13 of action. Wilks finished with a career-high nine points and a career-high seven rebounds.
• Sophomores Alvin Mitchell, Anthony McClain, and Wilks all earned starts for the Bearcats.
• Junior Deonta Vaughn and Mitchell joined Gates in double-figures, scoring 13 and 11 points, respectively.
• USF’s Dominique Jones scored 30 points, marking the first time an opposing player has scored 30 points since Villanova’s Scottie Reynolds scored 32 points on Jan. 12, 2008.