Men's Basketball |
March 6, 2010
Box Score |
AP Action Photos
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Cincinnati at No. 19/20 Georgetown l March 6, 2010
Verizon Center – Washington, D.C.
• Records: Cincinnati - 16-14; 7-11 BIG EAST; Georgetown – 20-9; 10-8 BIG EAST.
• Georgetown leads all-time series 5-2 and snapped a two-game losing streak to UC with the win. The Bearcats are now 2-3 in the Verizon Center.
• Cincinnati has lost its last three games to nationally-ranked teams (West Virginia, Villanova, Georgetown), its longest losing streak of the season. UC has lost two in a row three other times this season.
• After the Bearcats cut Georgetown’s lead to 41-35 with 16:13 left in the game, the Hoyas went on a 31-6 run over the next 13:01 to secure the win. Freshman Lance Stephenson scored all six UC points during the run.
• UC’s 47 points equaled its lowest point total in a game this season (47 at UAB, Dec. 16).
• After committing a combined 19 turnovers in its last two games, the Bearcats turned it over 16 times vs. Georgetown, leading to 22 points off turnovers by the Hoyas.
• Cincinnati was outrebounded by Georgetown, 40-28. The -12 rebounding margin is the second-largest vs. UC this season (-13 at UAB, Dec. 16).
• UC was limited to 38.8 percent (19-of-49) shooting in the game, including 2-for-10 from behind the 3-point line.
• After converting 27-of-36 (.750) combined free throws in its last two games, Cincinnati was 7-of-17 (.412) at Georgetown.
• Freshman Lance Stephenson scored eight of UC’s first nine points of the game en route to 10 first half points. Stephenson has now scored in double-figures in each of his last four games.
• Stephenson finished with a season-high 23 points on 11-of-17 shooting. He also grabbed a team-high seven rebounds.
• Junior forward Ibrahima Thomas made a career high four steals vs. the Hoyas and equaled his career-high with three blocked shots. He also finished with five points and four rebounds.