Titus Rubles scored a career-high 24 points on senior night against Memphis.
March 6, 2014
Box Score |
USATSI Gallery |
UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI MEN'S BASKETBALL
2013-14 POSTGAME NOTES
No. 15/15 Cincinnati 97 (25-5, 14-3), No. 20/20 Memphis 84 (22-8, 11-6)
March 6, 2014 // Fifth Third Arena // Cincinnati, Ohio // Attendance: 13,176 (capacity)
- The contest was the 69th between Cincinnati and Memphis, with the Bearcats now holding a 38-31 advantage in the series. UC has also won 20 of 30 contests in Cincinnati.
- Head coach Mick Cronin used the starting lineup of Ge'Lawn Guyn (G), Sean Kilpatrick (G), Shaquille Thomas (F), Titus Rubles (F) and Justin Jackson (F) for the 30th time in 30 games.
- The senior class honored prior to the game has posted a 99-37 record over the past four years – the most wins over a four-year span during the eight-year UC coaching tenure of Mick Cronin.
- Cincinnati's record of 24-5 and 13-3 in the conference are both the best in Cronin's eight seasons.
- With UC recording its 25th win of the season, it marks the third time in four years the Bearcats have won at least 25 games.
- Cincinnati has won four of five contests against ranked teams.
- The win is UC's 14th in the American Athletic Conference this season, marking just the fourth time in school history Cincinnati has won 14 games during league play.
- The victory gives UC an 18-1 mark at home on the season, tying for second-most home victories in a season with the 1993-94 team. UC's best mark at Fifth Third was 19-1 in 1997-98.
- Cincinnati's 97 points were the most scored in a conference game since defeating fourth-ranked Louisville, 101-80, on February 22, 2003 at Fifth Third Arena.
- UC's three senior starters (Kilpatrick, Jackson and Rubles) combined for 71 of UC's 97 points (73.2%). The trio did not commit a turnover and was a combined 26-for-44 from the field (59.1%).
- Cincinnati improved to 19-0 on the season when it out-shoots the opponent and 23-0 when scoring at least 60 points.
- The Bearcats are 4-0 on Thursday.
- With 34 points, Sean Kilpatrick now has 2,068 for his career. The senior is one of 10 semifinalsts for the Oscar Robertson Trophy. Robertson is the only player ahead of Kilpatrick on UC's all-time scoring list at 2,973 points.
- It was the most points for Kilpatrick since scoring a career-high 36 against Marquette on Jan. 19, 2013. It was the fourth 30-point performance in the senior's career, as well as his 33rd game with at least 20 points and 105th game in double figures.
- Kilpatrick connected for two three-pointers, giving him 302 for his career. He is one of just three Bearcats to hit at least 300 three-pointers and trails only Deonta Vaughn (313) and Darnell Burton (306) in that category.
- It was Kilpatrick's 136th consecutive game played at Cincinnati. He now stands third in all-time games played behind Cashmere Wright (139) and Dion Dixon (137). He is the school record holder for consecutive games played. Kilpatrick also ranks second on the career minutes played list with 4,126, trailing only Deonta Vaughn (4,310).
- Justin Jackson's two blocks give him 208 in his career and 88 on the season. He ranks fourth in career blocks behind Kenyon Martin (292), Erick Hicks (256) and Jason Maxiell (252). The season total for Jackson ranks as the fifth-most rejections in a season by a Bearcat.
- Titus Rubles scored a career-high 24 points in his first career game with at least 20 points. Rubles' nine made field goals were a career high, while his 13 attempts were a season-high.