March 9, 2008
· Connecticut leads the all-time series 4-0.
· UConn has won all four match-ups.
· UC allowed Connecticut to start quickly, as the Huskies went on a 30-0 run in the first half to take a insurmountable lead. Deonta Vaughn's basket 3:46 into the game cut the margin to 6-5. UC did not score again until a two-pointer by John Williamson with 5:10 remaining in the period made it a 36-7 game.
· Cincinnati Deonta Vaughn entered the game needing eight points to reach the 500-point plateau for the season. The sophomore guard finished the night with a team-high nine points. Vaughn is the 32nd player in Cincinnati history to record 500 points or more in a season and the first Bearcats basketball player to do so since James White and Eric Hicks each topped the mark in 2005-06. The top three single seasons in the program's history belong to College Basketball's Player of the Century Oscar Robertson who scored over 900 points in three straight seasons (1957-60).
· Since the 1990-91 campaign, Cincinnati is 12-6 (.667) in regular-season finales. After taking three in-a-row, UC has lost its final game of the regular season in each of the last two years.