Men's Basketball |
March 10, 2010
Box Score |
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
Rutgers vs. Cincinnati fÜ March 9, 2010
Madison Square Garden – New York, N.Y.
• Records: Cincinnati - 17-14; 7-11 BIG EAST; Rutgers – 15-17; 5-13 BIG EAST.
• Freshman Lance Stephenson made a free throw with 1.8 seconds on the clock in regulation as Cincinnati defeated Rutgers, 69-68, in the first round of the BIG EAST Conference Tournament.
• The win was Cincinnati’s first win in the BIG EAST Championships and UC improved to 1-3 all-time in the BIG EAST Tournament.
• The win upped the Bearcats all-time record to 19-16 in Madison Square Garden.
• UC now leads the all-time series 11-3 over Rutgers and has won four consecutive games over the Scarlet Knights.
• Cincinnati outrebounded Rutgers, 49-31, which included a season-high tying 23 offensive rebounds. UC is 8-1 on the season when grabbing 45-plus rebounds in a game.
• The Bearcats outscored the Scarlet Knights 20-5 on second-chance points and 20-11 in bench points.
• Trailing 48-43 with 11:42 to play, Stephenson scored 10 of Cincinnati’s next 14 points to help the Bearcats take a 57-52 lead with 7:18 remaining.
• After hitting 2-of-14 from shots from the floor over the first 8:16, Cincinnati shot 45.8 percent (11-of-24) for the remainder of the first half, but entered halftime trailing 32-31.
• Stephenson scored a team-high tying 13 points and fell one rebound shy of his second career double-double. The double-figure scoring effort was his 19th of the season and his fifth in a row. Stephenson also added a team-high five assists.
• Stephenson has now hit a game-winning free throw in the final two seconds twice this season, with the other game-winning free throw coming at home against Connecticut on Dec. 30, 2009.
• Freshman Jaquon Parker found out 10 minutes before the game that he was getting the start and the freshman scored a team-high tying 13 points and hit a season-high tying three 3-pointers. It is Parker’s third double-figure scoring effort of the season and his first since scoring a career-high 15 points against USF on Jan. 20.
• Junior Ibrahima Thomas posted a game and career high for rebounds with 13.
• Sophomore Yancy Gates was the third UC player to score in double figures with 10 points, his 20th double-figure scoring effort of the season.
• Junior Darnell Wilks came off the bench and hit 4-of-5 shots to score a team-high nine points in the opening 20 minutes.