Men's Basketball |
March 23, 2010
Box Score |
2009-10 CINCINNATI MEN’S BASKETBALL
No. 3-Seed Dayton at No. 2-Seed Cincinnati l March 22, 2010
National Invitation Tournament Second Round
Fifth Third Arena – Cincinnati, Ohio
• Records: Cincinnati - 19-16; 7-11 BIG EAST; Dayton – 22-12; 8-8 Atlantic 10.
• Dayton hit a series of free throws down the stretch to defeat Cincinnati, 81-66.
• The loss dropped UC to 8-10 all-time in the NIT and Cincinnati now leads the all-time series 59-31. This was the first meeting between the teams in post-season play.
• Dayton’s bench outscored Cincinnati’s 26-6 in the first half and 39-9 for the game.
• UD outrebounded UC 42-34. The Bearcats dropped to 2-7 on the season when being outrebounded by their opponent.
• The Flyers shot 48.3 percent (28-of-58) from the floor for the game, including 34.5 percent (10-of-29) from behind-the arc, compared to 33.3 percent (20-of-60) from the floor and 19.4 percent (6-of-31) from three.
• After UC closed to within two points, 52-50, with 11:06 to play, UD went on an 11-3 run to re-take a double-digit lead, 63-53, with 6:27 to play.
• A 13-3 run by the Bearcats to close out the first half cut a 15-point deficit to five points, 41-36, heading into halftime.
• Four 3-pointers by Dayton over a 1:40 stretch helped the Flyers widen its lead to 17 points, 34-17, with 6:52 remaining in the first half
• An 11-2 Dayton run from the 17:08 mark to the 14:25 mark of the first half opened up an eight-point lead for UD, 15-7.
• Senior Deonta Vaughn finished with 28 points. Vaughn surpassed 400 points for the season making him the only player in UC history to score 400-plus points in four seasons and he moved past Danny Fortson (1994-97) for third on UC’s all-time scoring list with 1,885 points. Vaughn’s 28 points is the most by a Cincinnati player this season.
• Freshman Lance Stephenson scored 13 points, his ninth straight double-figure scoring game and his 23rd of the season.
• Vaughn scored Cincinnati’s final 11 points of the first half and scored 16 first-half points to lead all scorers. The 16 first-half points are the most by a Bearcat in a half this season.